Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Crush the mellow

I love mellow. I like to sit and relax and just think about life. But society lives in a whole other type of style. They want instant gratification, and they want everything they think they deserve. But we entered this world with nothing and we will leave this world with nothing. So why are we so wrapped up in the world? It's like we have set our claws into the earth's ground. I try to mellow out by avoiding the world's level of living as often as I can. Though I can't always. Like tonight I didn't want to leave the church. Because when I stepped out of the doorway I was leaving the mellow zone. I was going into the big bad world. I wanted to cry, really. We should all have peace, and we all think we deserve it. But what have you done for God? He died for us, for our sins. People can't grasp that. So imagine for an instant. Your dad realizes that you have gone totally lost, that you have lost your way. Imagine him telling you that he's going to lay down his life for you. Imagine that he does it the way Jesus did it. It would really hurt you, wouldn't it? Wouldn't you want to honor him after that? Everyday people reject God and his son Jesus. It's like slapping him in the face when people do that. My point is, we can't always live in the "mellow" zone. But with God In our hearts, with him beside us we will get close to that mellow feeling. I say Amen to that way of living.

No comments: